Homemade gelatin treats for dogs, cats provide a simple, quick to make health-supporting treat that your companion animal will love!
Homemade Gelatin Treats for Dogs, Cats – Recipe
You Will Need:
- A bowl that can take boiling liquid.
- A brownie or lasagna type casserole dish or pan that can take boiling liquid – do NOT use a Teflon-coated or aluminum pan (toxic!).
- Mixing spoon and spatula
Ingredients for Homemade Gelatin Treats for Dog, Cat
- Essential Ingredients
- 1 cup boiling water (use filtered or spring water – do not use fluoridated water), or substitute water for 1 cup of broth
- 1 cup gelatin powder
- 1 cup bone-broth or broth.
- Optional Ingredients – get creative!
- Add 1 tsp of organic or wild-crafted fresh or dry herbs. You can use just one herb or a combination of herbs, for example…
- Cinnamon (use Ceylon cinnamon, NOT cassia)
- Summer Savory
- Note – if your dog or cat is suffering from a medical condition make sure you check condition, and drug interactions before using herbs.
- Berries, Other Fruit or Veggies
- Add some fresh or frozen-fresh, whole, or chopped…
- Kiwi slices
- Pomegranate seeds
- Tart red cherries.
- Or select other options from the fruit and vegetables on this list.
- If your dog or cat has a urinary tract infection, try adding fresh or fresh-frozen cranberries.