Dog and Puppy Behaviour Modification Training sessions in-home, in-person – Ottawa Gatineau and Region, Ontario, Quebec Canada
Dog and Puppy Behaviour Modification Training advice and consultations – by phone and email – Canada, U.S.A. – Central and South America, Overseas
For dogs and puppies experiencing anxiety, insecurity, obsession and aggression…
Behavior Modification Training Sessions Offered
Behavior Modification Training is appropriate for dogs that are experiencing medium intensity behavior issues.
- Canine Behavior Modification
- Canine Behavior Modification and Diet, Nutrition, Wellness
- Canine Behavior Modification and Socialization
- Canine Behavior Modification, Socialization and Diet, Nutrition, Wellness
For Puppies and Dogs
All ages, all breeds, including Pit Bulls, all sizes, able bodied and physically challenged dogs – for people with one dog or multiple dogs, rescued dogs, etc.
What Gets Addressed – Theory, Practice and Implementation
Training approached in a truly meaningful way – a comprehensive, respectful and lasting learning experience for you and your canine, tailored to suit your individual situation and your life style.
I teach you how to use methods of communication and instruction that dogs instinctively understand and respond to. No reliance on training methods such as treats or force and dominance.
A session covers theory and practice – encompassing a full spectrum of essential and interdependent elements that work together to enable a happy, healthy, confident, obedient canine…
- Factors that Influence Dog Behavior
- Psychology 101 – Dogs and Humans
- Patience 101 – Dogs and Humans
- Communication 101 – Dogs and Humans
- How to be an effective communicator for your dog
- Awareness – yours and your dog’s
- Facial expression and body language – yours and your dog’s
- Learn to direct your dog without speaking (voice is not the best way to direct a dog).
- Understand all of the ways in which humans actually communicate and how it affects your dog
- Know how to occupy space to communicate effectively
- Know how your state of mind affects your dog
- Know when your dog is asking for direction and how to respond appropriately
- Leadership and Situational Structure – putting all the above into real-life, real-time practice
- Diet, Nutrition, Wellness (optional)
Typical Behaviors Addressed for Dogs that Require Behavior Modification
- Anxiety, mild to extreme, i.e.
- Inability to settle down
- Fear of animate and inanimate objects, sounds, spaces, etc.
- Separation Anxiety
- Vehicle Anxiety
- Crates and crate training
- Demanding Behaviour, i.e.
- Barking,whining for constant attention
- ‘Stealing’ for attention – boots, shoes, children’s toys, socks, towels, toilet paper etc.
- Door Manners – lack of
- Bolting out the door
- Bolting in the door
- Rushing the door when door bell rings
- Rushing the stairs
- Jumping on you when you arrive home
- Jumping on guests
- Owning, guarding the door, hallway
- Begging for food
- Counter, table surfing;
- Eating too fast (bolting food down)
- Grab and dash – food and other items that fall on the floor
- Guarding food
- Fussy eater or over-eater
- Obsessive Behavior, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD);
- Social Skill Deficit – Lacking Manners Dogs, Cats, People etc.
- Bashes into people, knocks children, adults down etc.
- Chewing, biting , pulling people’s hands, feet, clothing
- Chasing, injuring your cats, and other small animals
- Dominating, over-excited or insecure greeting of other dogs
- Dominating, over-excited play with other dogs
- Dominating, over-excited play with people
- Fearful insecure recessive-reactive (barks and hides etc.)
- Fearful, insecure, aggressive-reactive
- Guarding / owning people or other animals
- Owning People, Places, Things
- Elimination Issues
- Marking in the House
- Potty Training
- The Walk
- Flopping, Pulling, Weaving
- Dog-to- Dog on-leash reactivity
- Dog-to-human on-leash reactivity
- Dog to other animal reactivity
- Dog to vehicle, motorcycle, bicycle etc. reactivity
Dogs are amazing, adaptable, intelligent beings – when given a fair opportunity the vast majority of dogs are willing to choose a better way.
After Session Support
After the session (later that day, or the following day)
- I put together a customized package of information and reference material designed to reinforce what we covered in your session
- You receive your Session Follow-up Guide via email
In-Person, On-Site Sessions
- For information go here
- For locations where my In-person, On-site Sessions are available go here
- For cost and payment information go here
I do not require my client’s dogs to go through an assessment prior to doing a session or consultation with me – however if you would like an assessment done, I would be pleased to do an assessment for you via my consultation service.