Dog Obedience Sessions Offered
Dog Obedience Training is appropriate for puppies and dogs that are currently within a normal range of behavior.
- Obedience Training
- Obedience Training and Socialization
- Obedience Training, Socialization and Wellness
For Puppies and Dogs
All ages, all breeds, including Pit Bulls, all sizes, able bodied and physically challenged dogs – for people with one dog or multiple dogs, rescued dogs, etc.
What Gets Addressed – Theory, Practice and Implementation
Training approached in a truly meaningful way – a comprehensive, respectful and lasting learning experience for you and your canine, tailored to suit your individual situation and your life style.
I teach you how to use methods of communication and instruction that dogs instinctively understand and respond to. No reliance on training methods such as treats or force and dominance.
A session covers theory and practice – encompassing a full spectrum of essential and interdependent elements that work together to enable a happy, healthy, confident, obedient canine…
- Factors that Influence Dog Behavior
- Psychology 101 – Dogs and Humans
- Patience 101 – Dogs and Humans
- Communication 101 – Dogs and Humans
- How to be an effective communicator for your dog
- Awareness – yours and your dog’s
- Facial expression and body language – yours and your dog’s
- Learn to direct your dog without speaking (voice is not the best way to direct a dog).
- Understand all of the ways in which humans actually communicate and how it affects your dog
- Know how to occupy space to communicate effectively
- Know how your state of mind affects your dog
- Know when your dog is asking for direction and how to respond appropriately
- Diet, Nutrition, Wellness (optional)
- Basic Training
- Sit, stay, lie down, wait, recall
- Advanced Training – for example
- Avoiding the creation of anxious and insecure behavior
- Manners around food
- Manners around toys
- Manners around family members and guests
- Socialization with dogs and/or other animals
- The walk
After Session Support
After the session (later that day, or the following day)
- I put together a customized package of information and reference material designed to reinforce what we covered in your session
- You receive your Session Follow-up Guide via email
In-Person, On-Site Sessions
- For information go here
- For locations where my In-person, On-site Sessions are available go here
- For cost and payment information and options go here
I do not require my client’s dogs to go through an assessment prior to doing a session or consultation with me – however if you would like an assessment done, I would be pleased to do an assessment for you via my consultation service or my in-person service.