Behavior Modification Training Sessions for puppies and dogs…
Behavior Modification Training is appropriate for dogs that are experiencing medium intensity behavior issues.
- Canine Behavior Modification
- Canine Behavior Modification and Diet, Nutrition, Wellness
- Canine Behavior Modification and Socialization
- Canine Behavior Modification, Socialization and Diet, Nutrition, Wellness
For Puppies and Dogs
All ages, all breeds, including Pit Bulls, all sizes, able bodied and physically challenged dogs – for people with one dog or multiple dogs, rescued dogs, etc.
What Gets Addressed – Theory, Practice and Implementation
Training approached in a truly meaningful way – a comprehensive, respectful and lasting learning experience for you and your canine, tailored to suit your individual situation and your life style.
I teach you how to use methods of communication and instruction that dogs instinctively understand and respond to. No reliance on training methods such as treats or force and dominance.
A session covers theory and practice – encompassing a full spectrum of essential and interdependent elements that work together to enable a happy, healthy, confident, obedient canine…
- Factors that Influence Dog Behavior
- Psychology 101 – Dogs and Humans
- Patience 101 – Dogs and Humans
- Communication 101 – Dogs and Humans
- How to be an effective communicator for your dog
- Awareness – yours and your dog’s
- Facial expression and body language – yours and your dog’s
- Learn to direct your dog without speaking (voice is not the best way to direct a dog).
- Understand all of the ways in which humans actually communicate and how it affects your dog
- Know how to occupy space to communicate effectively
- Know how your state of mind affects your dog
- Know when your dog is asking for direction and how to respond appropriately
- Leadership and Situational Structure – putting all the above into real-life, real-time practice
- Diet, Nutrition, Wellness (optional)
Typical Behaviors Addressed for Dogs that Require Behavior Modification
- Anxiety, mild to extreme, i.e.
- Inability to settle down
- Fear of animate and inanimate objects, sounds, spaces, etc.
- Separation Anxiety
- Vehicle Anxiety
- Crates and crate training
- Demanding Behaviour, i.e.
- Barking,whining for constant attention
- ‘Stealing’ for attention – boots, shoes, children’s toys, socks, towels, toilet paper etc.
- Door Manners – lack of
- Bolting out the door
- Bolting in the door
- Rushing the door when door bell rings
- Rushing the stairs
- Jumping on you when you arrive home
- Jumping on guests
- Owning, guarding the door, hallway
- Begging for food
- Counter, table surfing;
- Eating too fast (bolting food down)
- Grab and dash – food and other items that fall on the floor
- Guarding food
- Fussy eater or over-eater
- Obsessive Behavior, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD);
- Social Skill Deficit – Lacking Manners Dogs, Cats, People etc.
- Bashes into people, knocks children, adults down etc.
- Chewing, biting , pulling people’s hands, feet, clothing
- Chasing, injuring your cats, and other small animals
- Dominating, over-excited or insecure greeting of other dogs
- Dominating, over-excited play with other dogs
- Dominating, over-excited play with people
- Fearful insecure recessive-reactive (barks and hides etc.)
- Fearful, insecure, aggressive-reactive
- Guarding / owning people or other animals
- Owning People, Places, Things
- Elimination Issues
- Marking in the House
- Potty Training
- The Walk
- Flopping, Pulling, Weaving
- Dog-to- Dog on-leash reactivity
- Dog-to-human on-leash reactivity
- Dog to other animal reactivity
- Dog to vehicle, motorcycle, bicycle etc. reactivity
Dogs are amazing, adaptable, intelligent beings – when given a fair opportunity the vast majority of dogs are willing to choose a better way.
After Session Support
After the session (later that day, or the following day)
- I put together a your custom After-session E-book – that contains some or all of the following, as I deem applicable to your situation…
– Reference material.
– Dietary and wellness recommendations.
The contents of your e-book are specifically selected to reinforce what I went through with you in your session.
- You receive your After Session E-Book via email.
In-Person, On-Site Sessions
- For information go here
- For locations where my In-person, On-site Sessions are available go here
- For cost and payment information go here
I do not require my client’s dogs to go through an assessment prior to doing a session or consultation with me – however if you would like an assessment done, I would be pleased to do an assessment for you via my consultation service or my in-person service.